With the conventional list layout, it is possible to organize products based on their categories. However, there is one catch. It is not possible to assign a product to multiple categories.
Overcoming this, now we have the tag layout where it is possible for a product to be assigned to multiple categories.
Steps to be followed:
- Create tags that you wish to link with the product.
- Create a product and add the tags to the product.
- Create menus and link the tags with the respective menus.
Products like Coffee mugs should be available under two categories- Kitchen appliances and Gifts.
Steps to be done:
- Create two tags:GiftsKitchen appliances
- Create a product named coffee mugs.
- Assign both the tags to the product article.
- Create menu items of the type Product tag view:Kitchen appliances associating the tag kitchen appliancesGifts associating the tag Gifts
- Now the product coffee mugs will be available in both Kitchen appliances and Gifts.
Likewise, we can assign products to as many categories as we wish.
The front end view is like this: