Requirement for the tax to take effect:
- Geozone has to be set up for which the tax has to apply.
- Tax rate has to be set up.
- Tax profile has to be created.
- Tax rate has to be associated with the tax profile.
- Tax profile has to be assigned to the products for which tax has to be levied.
Tax geozone: USA
Tax rate: 10%
Tax profile name: US-TAX
- Navigate to J2Store->Localisation->Geozones and create a new geozone.
- Type in a name for the geozone, add the countries for which the tax has to be applied.
- Case A: Apply tax only for few zones within USA.
2. Case B: Apply tax for all zones within USA.
- Navigate to J2Store-> Localisation->Tax rates->Click new.
- Fill in the name, tax percentage, geozone and publish the tax rate.
- Navigate to J2Store->Localisation->Tax profile->New.
- Fill in the profile name, set the status and map the tax rate on the profile, choose the associated address.
- Navigate to J2Store->Catalog->Products(Or Content->Articles).
- Edit the products for which you wish to collect tax. Navigate to the J2Store cart tab. Choose the tax profile and save.
Thus tax would be levied on the product as per the configuration.
Please refer the following list of troubleshooting steps: