Adding related products has never been as easy as it is now. Here is how you could add up-sell and cross-sells products on your store.
Let us suppose your site sells Tea cups, Tea pots and Serving plate. Let us suppose that the product Brook Ceramic serving plate from the serving plates section is related products to another product named Paragon Blue Tea cup from the Tea cups section and you wish to see the Hand painted Tea pot from the Tea pots menu in the cross-sells section.
Steps to be done:
- Create an article for Paragon Blue Teacup.
- Create another article for Brook Ceramic Serving plate and one for the hand painted tea pot.
- In the relations tab of Paragon Blue Teacup article, and type in Brook Ceramic Serving plate.
- The Serving plate's article would pop up. Add it to the up-sells section.
- Now type the name Hand painted Teapot in the cross-sells section.
- The article with the name Hand painted Teapot would pop up. Add it to the cross-sells section.
- Navigate to menu manager->Create a menu for Teacups of the type J2Store->Product list.
- Navigate to the Item view options tab and set the options Up sells(Related products) and Cross sells(Related products) to Yes.
- Visit the frontend of the site and click on the Teacups menu.
- Now from the list of products displayed, click on the Paragon Blue Teacup.
- In the item view page of the Tea cup, the Serving plate would be listed in the Related products section.
- The Hand painted Tea pot would be available in the cross-sells section.